IN PICTURES: Clevedon Pier’s 150th birthday a ‘day to remember’
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon Pier’s 150th birthday was a ‘day to remember’ as thousands of people flocked to the seaside.
More than 3,000 people visited the pier for its anniversary.
The ticketed event on Monday evening was a sell out with the party ending with fireworks.
Chairman of the Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust, Phil Curme, said: "Despite the flurry of wind and rain at 9pm, the firework finale was a fantastic spectacle for everyone.
"Our staff and volunteers did an outstanding job in putting this memorable event on and it was fantastic to see how much love and affection the people of Clevedon have for the pier."
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment took over the pier thanks to the Barnacle Buoys and the Mumtaz Bollywood Dance company.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022