Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- Credit: Evelyn Truter
A Clevedon resident has completed a 52km marathon fundraiser in memory of her mum who passed away due to Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
Evelyn Truter completed the mammoth task on Sunday, finishing on Clevedon Pier. The landmark has a plaque in memory of Evelyn's mum, Grace, who passed away at the age of 52.
Evelyn set off in the early hours of the morning and had to battle the elements before reaching the finish line.
She told the Times: "I started at 3am and ran the 52km in 7 hours 37 mins, covering 69,153 steps and burning 3,210kcal.
"The rain came in hard for the last three hours but we ran through it. My supporters have now raised £9,352 and I’m trying to reach the goal of £10,000."
You may also want to watch:
She had originally set a target of £5,200, but this was quickly met.
Donations can still be made to the fundraiser by logging-on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/evelyn-truter
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 Portishead Town beaten by Royal Wotton Bassett Town in Buildbase FA Vase
- 3 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 6 Yatton Colts fall to narrow defeat in season opener at North Bristol Colts
- 7 Flooded school set to reopen this week
- 8 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 9 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 10 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day