Clevedon Pier set to host Queen's Jubilee party
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon Pier is set to host a party for the Queen's Jubilee this June.
The grade-1 listed pier will feature live entertainment, food and the all-important bunting on June 5.
At the special event will be music from the Barnacle Buoys, Teresa de Roberto and Rock Choir North Somerset.
Volunteers will also decorate the spans and deck with a colourful array of flowers and handmade celebratory bunting, with a spectacular floral arch arrangement on the pier’s recently restored gates.
The Glass Box restaurant will also host a limited number of party tables along the boardwalk, which can be exclusively booked for a group of up to six people surrounded by views of the estuary.
Tables can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and are priced at £20.
Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust chairman, Phil Curme, said: "We are grateful for the support of Clevedon Town Council and are honoured to have been chosen to lead Clevedon’s Platinum Jubilee festivities."
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
The Pier will open from 11am, with entertainment starting at midday until 5pm.