Clevedon Pier creates Christmas grotto from recycled materials
- Credit: Archant
A Santa’s grotto created entirely out of recycled materials has been set up on Clevedon Pier.
The pier’s Porthole Room has been transformed into a winter wonderland where children can visit Santa to let him know what’s on their Christmas list.
A distinctly nautical theme runs throughout the grotto with seaweed hanging from the ceiling, shells dotted around and an anchor resting against the wall, while Santa himself sits in a small wooden boat.
More traditional Christmas features also decorate the room including fairy lights and tinsel.
Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust staff and volunteers will dress as elves to welcome visitors and help Santa with his work.
You may also want to watch:
The grotto will be open to visit Santa until Christmas Eve.
Tickets to the grotto, priced £8 plus normal pier entry for adults, can be booked on 01275 878846.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic