Clevedon micro-pub given go-ahead by council
- Credit: Archant
A micro-pub will open in Clevedon after it was awarded planning permission by North Somerset Council.
The Fallen Tree Micro-pub will be opened by the owner of Twisted Oak Brewery, based in Wrington, at 43 Hill Road.
The venue will sell local cask ales and ciders.
The plans have drawn a mixed response from people in the area, with concerns raised over the micro-pub’s limited space and lack of outdoor smoking facilities.
MORE: Mixed response to micro-pub plansBut the owners believe the venue will have a positive impact on traders already in Hill Road.
A Twisted Oak Brewery spokesman said: “We believe customers of our micro-pub will be keen to use the services of the food establishments and other businesses nearby, and vice versa.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe we can secure strong links with other businesses in the area and work with them to bring in more trade for everybody.”
- 1 Popular community centre café closes
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 4 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 5 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Three North Somerset women commended in Queen’s birthday honours
- 8 Somerset Freemason raise £25k to help young people
- 9 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 10 Long-term lease secures football club’s future