Dream scheme to help good causes in Clevedon
- Credit: Clevedon Lions Club
Clevedon Lions has launched its Dream Scheme to enable local clubs, societies and good causes to apply for extra funds.
Money collected on the club's Santa flat in December are available to support groups who have a 'dream' project but need some extra funding to help it come true.
The scheme ensures money donated by people across Clevedon at Christmas goes towards projects to benefit the local community.
Clevedon Lions is looking for groups which have already raised funds towards their projects, especially those who have not received an award in previous years, so that they can consider match funding and get projects completed without delay.
Over the past five years, more than 35 organisations have been awarded grants totalling £26,000.
Application forms are available by emailing email@example.com
The closing date for applications is May 31, when a panel of Lions Club members will assess the requests, announcing the award winners by mid June.
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 10 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved