Clevedon couple to wed on same day as Prince
A SOON to be wed Clevedon couple will be tying the knot on the same day as Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Andy Knight and Donna Santos say they are happy to be sharing their wedding day with the high profile couple and friends have even joked about wearing Union Jack ties.
Donna, aged, 31, of Glebe Road, said: “It’s a funny coincidence that we are sharing the same wedding day with the royals.
“One friend, who is a teacher, was not able to come as she couldn’t get the time off work – but now she can, which is great news.
“My friends have also bought me a plastic replica of Kate Middleton’s engagement ring which is funny.”
You may also want to watch:
Builder Andy, aged 34, popped the question last Easter at the Market Inn pub in Yatton, by getting down on one knee after selecting the Whitney Houston classic, I Will Always Love You, on the jukebox.
The couple, who have known each since they were aged 15, will be tying the knot at Clifton Pavilion, Bristol Zoo, on Friday.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
More than 100 guests will then join the newlyweds at the Clevedon Bowls Club for a dinner and reception.
Donna said she was pleased that none of the costs on their big day increased because of the royal wedding bank holiday.
The pair have been dating for six years and after jetting off on their honeymoon to Rhodes they will set up their new home in Clevedon.
Are you getting married on the same day as the royal couple? If so call the newsdesk on 01934 422656.