Clevedon couple celebrate 60 years together
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon couple is holding a two-day celebration to mark their diamond wedding anniversary so they can see all their family members.
Keith and Pauline Webber were planning to take their whole family away to mark the occasion, but due to the Covid-19 restrictions they will hold a number of smaller celebrations in their garden.
Keith, aged 84, and Pauline, aged 81, will be celebrating with their three children, 10 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
The couple first met at a dancing lesson in Bristol when Pauline broke the heel on her shoe and Keith came to the rescue and mended it.
In the early stages of their romance, Keith was teased by his family who said Pauline was too good for him.
You may also want to watch:
The couple’s daughter, Louise Harris, said “Dad’s family told him that she was too good for him and he has said, if he wasn’t a handy man, he wouldn’t have stood a chance with her. But he proved them wrong, he absolutely adores her and they make a really lovely couple.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 6 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 7 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 8 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 9 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding