Hundreds take part in first Clevedon parkrun
- Credit: Archant
More than 300 runners took part in Clevedon’s first ever parkrun on Saturday.
Directors Tom Sharp and Flora Joseph raised £3,000 to set up the event, thanks to businesses and organisations in the town.
Tom, aged 42, said: "Parkruns have been massively popular in so many places where they have been set up and I am really proud to be part of the team which has brought it to Clevedon.
"We hadn't publicised the first one as we wanted to check the logistical plans we had put in place worked before we had a large number of people come along.
"Everything worked as planned, which is a huge relief - so much time and effort has been put in to date."
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon Parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9am in the Salthouse Fields, and Tom and Flora are looking for volunteers to help out.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk to sign up or volunteer.
- 1 Town centre retirement complex to become apartments
- 2 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 3 Ashton & Backwell United appoint Tony Beecham as new manager
- 4 Beer and cider festival raises £2k for community centre
- 5 Hundreds flock to town's first arts festival
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Nailsea preschool leader retires after 33 years
- 9 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 10 State-of-the-art gym launched at Clevedon School