Long delays on M5
- Credit: Ross Chesher
Long delays are growing on the M5 between Clevedon and Bristol with one lane being blocked.
A car was stranded in the outside lane between junctions 20 (Clevedon) and 19 (Portishead) on the southbound side following a multi-vehicle accident.
Queues are stacking back several miles, with the usual Friday afternoon traffic making the delays even longer.
Highways England hopes the vehicle can be cleared away quickly, but the delays are likely to have an impact throughout rush-hour.
Paramedics were dispatched to the scene by South Western Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
Its spokesman said: "We were called at 3.29pm about a three-vehicle road traffic incident on the M5 southbound near junction 19.
"We were not required to treat any patients."
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens