PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- Credit: Derek Hitchins
Talented readers have sent in early summer snapshots enjoyed in Weston and beyond in this week’s iWitness round-up.
The wind steers the direction for a kitesurfer gliding across the sea in Weston, with Steep Holm perfectly framed in the background of Derek Hitchins’ image.
He also sent in another snapshot showing the beauty of spring in Grange Park.
Roger Fry captured a celestial image of a partial eclipse of the sun, viewed through light cloud over Hutton taken on Thursday morning.
Aggie Bezzina also sent in a picture of boats sailing along the ocean in Clevedon on Saturday.
Lively squirrels appear in Joanne Martin’s picture, which she took on one of her regular walks through Grove Park with her dog.
Nick Page Hayman also took advantage of a summer’s day to take a photo of the view from Cleeve Toot, which he says looks ‘as great as ever’.
To submit your pictures for the chance to be featured in next week’s edition, log-on to weston.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'