Cleaning up for charity
CLEVEDON motorists were given a helping hand by fundraisers in the town.
Members of the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo spent two days at Clevedon Garages cleaning car windscreens in return for donations.
As a result, they collected almost �500, which will go to local charities.
Club president Chris Morris said: “Two days of hard work and elbow grease will yet again enable us to provide substantial donations to local worthwhile charities.
“The club presented two cheques for �800 each to Clevedon Pride and the Springboard Opportunity Group last week.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s members have also recently painted the fence outside Springboard’s Princes Road facility.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport