Canine capers at charity dog show this weekend
- Credit: Sperrings Equestrian
Pet lovers are invited to get involved in some canine capers on Saturday.
Organisers of a charity dog show in Clapton-in-Gordano are looking for dogs that look most like their owners, those who have the waggiest tail and the shiniest coat to join the event which is raising funds for Little Paws Rescue.
Prizes and rosettes will be presented to winners in eight different categories.
Bex Letts, who has put the show together, said: “It’s a fair few years since Clapton held a dog show, so we thought we would bring it in back in style at our summer fairs which take place on our farm on the last Saturday of each month."
The event will take place at Sperrings Equestrian, in Moor Lane, on Saturday from 10am-2pm.
As well as the dog show, which starts at midday, there will be a barbecue, a children’s corner complete with Reggie the Shetland pony and hobby horse racing. Crafts will be on sale along with fresh eggs, handmade ice cream, homemade cakes and other refreshments.
Little Paws, which re-homes stray and unwanted cats and kittens, will be holding a tombola stand throughout the event.
To register a dog for the dog show, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bex on 07772779317.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 6 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 October in the garden: Flamboyant foliage to brighten our days