Church aims to dispel funeral myths
A FUNERAL awareness day is to take place in Portishead
Entitled The Only Other Certainty, the event at St Peter’s Church is designed to help people who want to plan ahead and dispel some of the myths that exist about funerals and cremations.
A spokesman for the event said: “With funerals these days taking on so many different styles and forms, we thought an informative meeting where people can ask questions and find out more about the options available to them would be a good idea.”
The event on November 17 will see a presentation of stands and displays in the church, in Church Road North, from 10am-2pm.
Members of the clergy will be available to share ideas about the different ways funerals can be conducted. Funeral directors will be on hand to explain the services they offer and there will be representatives who will provide more information about local cemeteries and crematoriums. Other guests will include solicitors who can advise on will writing and inheritance procedures and groups who offer bereavement support.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the event live music will be provided by the Lochrain Ensemble and Luna Music Services and there will be talks from funeral specialists repeated at 10.45am, 12noon and 1.15pm.
For more details call the church office on 01275 846230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats