Church aims to dispel funeral myths
A FUNERAL awareness day is to take place in Portishead
Entitled The Only Other Certainty, the event at St Peter’s Church is designed to help people who want to plan ahead and dispel some of the myths that exist about funerals and cremations.
A spokesman for the event said: “With funerals these days taking on so many different styles and forms, we thought an informative meeting where people can ask questions and find out more about the options available to them would be a good idea.”
The event on November 17 will see a presentation of stands and displays in the church, in Church Road North, from 10am-2pm.
Members of the clergy will be available to share ideas about the different ways funerals can be conducted. Funeral directors will be on hand to explain the services they offer and there will be representatives who will provide more information about local cemeteries and crematoriums. Other guests will include solicitors who can advise on will writing and inheritance procedures and groups who offer bereavement support.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the event live music will be provided by the Lochrain Ensemble and Luna Music Services and there will be talks from funeral specialists repeated at 10.45am, 12noon and 1.15pm.
For more details call the church office on 01275 846230 or email email@example.com
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?