Christmas fair support appeal
ORGANISERS of the traditional Nailsea Christmas Fair are appealing for traders and community groups to support the event.
The volunteers need to raise �3,000 to put on the festivities this year and they still have a long way to go until they reach their target.
Nailsea Christmas Fair, which will be attracting crowds on December 3 this year, is a huge hit with residents and visitors alike and boasts an array of stalls, street entertainment, a funfair, a fancy dress competitions and carol singing, as well as late night shopping.
Organiser, Gilly Chu said: “We need �3,000 in the account each year. If we don’t have that running fund there then next year’s event will be a non-starter.
“The event is really important to Nailsea. It brings the community together at a very important time of year and it’s good for the retailers too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mendip Morris Men, a brass band, a funfair and a karaoke Christmas sing-a-long have been lined up for the event so far.
Waitrose has kindly donated �1,000 towards the cause which will help foot some of the insurance and advertising costs for the fair.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 6 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 7 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme
The committee has so far organised a car boot sale, regular collections and a raffle to raise funds and members are now appealing for businesses to sponsor the event or donate prizes towards the competitions.
Anyone interested in helping out can call the fair committee treasurer Shirley Matthews on 01275 857914.