Christmas fair support appeal
ORGANISERS of the traditional Nailsea Christmas Fair are appealing for traders and community groups to support the event.
The volunteers need to raise �3,000 to put on the festivities this year and they still have a long way to go until they reach their target.
Nailsea Christmas Fair, which will be attracting crowds on December 3 this year, is a huge hit with residents and visitors alike and boasts an array of stalls, street entertainment, a funfair, a fancy dress competitions and carol singing, as well as late night shopping.
Organiser, Gilly Chu said: “We need �3,000 in the account each year. If we don’t have that running fund there then next year’s event will be a non-starter.
“The event is really important to Nailsea. It brings the community together at a very important time of year and it’s good for the retailers too.”
You may also want to watch:
Mendip Morris Men, a brass band, a funfair and a karaoke Christmas sing-a-long have been lined up for the event so far.
Waitrose has kindly donated �1,000 towards the cause which will help foot some of the insurance and advertising costs for the fair.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
The committee has so far organised a car boot sale, regular collections and a raffle to raise funds and members are now appealing for businesses to sponsor the event or donate prizes towards the competitions.
Anyone interested in helping out can call the fair committee treasurer Shirley Matthews on 01275 857914.