Children’s hospice fundraising challenges
- Credit: supplied
A CHARITY which cares for seriously ill children is challenging the North Somerset public to go the extra mile to raise funds toward its valuable work.
Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall, is appealing for people to sign up to one or more fundraising events over the next year.
From skydives to firewalks and abseils to overseas challenges, the charity hopes thousands can be raised by its participants.
Head of fundraising at Charlton Farm, Karen Edgington, said: “All the money raised from our exciting programme of challenge events goes towards caring for families facing the most unimaginable of circumstances – that their precious child isn’t expected to reach adulthood. At Children’s Hospice South West we do everything we can to help these families enjoy every single moment they have together.
“So by taking on one of our challenges and enriching your own life you will be helping to make the most of short and precious lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Events which will help raise money for CHSW include the Bath Half Marathon in March, the London Marathon in April, the Bristol 10k in May, a Ride for Precious Lives cycle event in June and the Ride London 100 cycle event in August.
In September, there will be a cycle challenge, a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro, half marathons in Bristol and Weston as well as a firewalk in Bristol.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
In October, there will be a Sahara Desert trek and street child project as well as the Royal Parks Half Marathon.
Anyone interested in taking on any of the challenges can find out more by visiting www.chsw.org.uk/challenge-events or calling 01275 866600.