Children launch appeal for fundraising walkers
NURSERY children in Wraxall helped to launch an appeal for people to sign up for a spring time fundraising walk.
The youngsters produced artwork for the Children’s Hospice South West Bluebell Walk, which will be held on April 29.
Participants will take in the picturesque countryside and woodland surrounding the charity’s base at Charlton Farm in Wraxall during the event, which will raise money toward its work with children with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses.
Walkers can choose from a distance of one mile, three miles or six miles. Dogs can also be taken along.
On April 29, a country fete will also be put on at Charlton Farm from 10am featuring market stalls, maypole dancing and live music.
You may also want to watch:
To register for the walk, at �5 per adult or �3 for under 16s, visit www.chsw.org.uk/bluebell
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 9 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected