Children launch appeal for fundraising walkers
NURSERY children in Wraxall helped to launch an appeal for people to sign up for a spring time fundraising walk.
The youngsters produced artwork for the Children’s Hospice South West Bluebell Walk, which will be held on April 29.
Participants will take in the picturesque countryside and woodland surrounding the charity’s base at Charlton Farm in Wraxall during the event, which will raise money toward its work with children with life-limiting or life-threatening illnesses.
Walkers can choose from a distance of one mile, three miles or six miles. Dogs can also be taken along.
On April 29, a country fete will also be put on at Charlton Farm from 10am featuring market stalls, maypole dancing and live music.
You may also want to watch:
To register for the walk, at �5 per adult or �3 for under 16s, visit www.chsw.org.uk/bluebell
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch