Charity’s new running club
A NEW running club has been set up by Penny Brohn Cancer Care for members of the community in and around Pill.
The cancer charity, which has its own dedicated treatment facility in the village, has set up the club for people of all fitness levels to join.
The weekly sessions are run by Carold Vorderman’s personal trainer, Jessica Palmer, an experienced triathlete and marathon runner, and club members meet at the Chapel Pill Lane base every Wednesday at 5.30pm.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care wants to involve as many people as possible from the local community with the hope of helping them to improve their fitness.
The charity’s head of services Michael Connors said: “Running is a great way of keeping fit and promoting health and wellbeing. If the club inspires any of its members to run for Penny Brohn Cancer Care, then that will help us to support more people living with cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
A �1 donation per session is requested.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships