- Credit: Archant
A COURSE aimed at supporting people to change their lifestyle and lose weight will run in Portishead from next month.
Entitled Get Ready for Change, the free NHS programme will look at common psychological barriers to losing weight and strategies which might help people overcome these.
The course is for those aged over 18 and will run for six weeks with each session lasting two hours.
They will take place at Gordano School from April 2 at 6.30pm.
Anyone wishing to take part should have a BMI of between 25 and 40. A person’s BMI can be calculated online at www.nhs.co.uk/BMI
You may also want to watch:
To register call 01934 523766 or speak to a GP.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups