- Credit: Archant
A COURSE aimed at supporting people to change their lifestyle and lose weight will run in Portishead from next month.
Entitled Get Ready for Change, the free NHS programme will look at common psychological barriers to losing weight and strategies which might help people overcome these.
The course is for those aged over 18 and will run for six weeks with each session lasting two hours.
They will take place at Gordano School from April 2 at 6.30pm.
Anyone wishing to take part should have a BMI of between 25 and 40. A person’s BMI can be calculated online at www.nhs.co.uk/BMI
You may also want to watch:
To register call 01934 523766 or speak to a GP.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups