Chance to cheer on cycling duo
WELL-WISHERS will have the chance to cheer on a father and daughter from Pill who are cycling more than 1,100 miles for charity.
Bob and Jenni Buck hope to raise more than �10,000 for the West of England MS Therapy Centre by cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
They will set off today (Thurs) and hope to reach John O’Groats on July 1.
On Tuesday, the pair will be in North Somerset. At 3.15pm they will be at the Strawberry Line Caf� at Yatton Railway Station and at 5.30pm they will be at the King’s Arms pub in St Georges Hill, Easton-in-Gordano.
Jenni, aged 45, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) 13 years ago and has received a wealth of help and treatment from the Bradley Stoke centre.
You may also want to watch:
She and her dad Bob, aged 65, have raised thousands for the charity in the past and hope this will become their most successful event.
* To sponsor Bob and Jenni visit www.justgiving.com/BucksEnd2End or send a cheque payable to the West of England MS Therapy Centre Reg. Charity 801155 to c/o 6 Heywood Terrace, Pill, BS20 0EA.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 10 Youth charity wins national accolade