Celebration of life for Joe
- Credit: Archant
A CELEBRATION of life for Joe Porter is being held at St Francis of Assisi Church in Nailsea on Saturday.
Joe’s family would like to invite all those who knew and loved Joe to attend the service at 2pm, followed by a reception at the Grove Sports Centre.
Joe, aged 16, died at Bristol Children’s Hospital on February 6 surrounded by his family after losing a year-long battle with bowel cancer. He leaves two sisters – Alex, aged 15, and Boo, aged 12 – and younger brother Charlie, aged 13 (all pictured with Joe).
His mum Joyce said: “Joe will be greatly missed and always be remembered with love.”
His family are holding a modern celebration and are asking his friends not to wear black.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce said: “All hymns, songs, poems and readings, as well as funeral bearers, will be Joe’s family and close friends, as this is how he wanted it.
“We are so pleased that the young people are so willing and happy to participate.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
“Once again, many thanks for all the local support and the lovely gestures and messages – Joe would have been overwhelmed at this, as are we.”
The family have asked that no flowers, other than the family arrangement, be sent.
A collection will be held at the church and the reception for the skydive4joe appeal which will be split between Joe’s two chosen charities – Bowel Cancer UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.
The celebration is being organised by Co-operative Funeral Services, Nailsea.