Celebration of life for Joe
- Credit: Archant
A CELEBRATION of life for Joe Porter is being held at St Francis of Assisi Church in Nailsea on Saturday.
Joe’s family would like to invite all those who knew and loved Joe to attend the service at 2pm, followed by a reception at the Grove Sports Centre.
Joe, aged 16, died at Bristol Children’s Hospital on February 6 surrounded by his family after losing a year-long battle with bowel cancer. He leaves two sisters – Alex, aged 15, and Boo, aged 12 – and younger brother Charlie, aged 13 (all pictured with Joe).
His mum Joyce said: “Joe will be greatly missed and always be remembered with love.”
His family are holding a modern celebration and are asking his friends not to wear black.
You may also want to watch:
Joyce said: “All hymns, songs, poems and readings, as well as funeral bearers, will be Joe’s family and close friends, as this is how he wanted it.
“We are so pleased that the young people are so willing and happy to participate.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
“Once again, many thanks for all the local support and the lovely gestures and messages – Joe would have been overwhelmed at this, as are we.”
The family have asked that no flowers, other than the family arrangement, be sent.
A collection will be held at the church and the reception for the skydive4joe appeal which will be split between Joe’s two chosen charities – Bowel Cancer UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.
The celebration is being organised by Co-operative Funeral Services, Nailsea.