A SERIES of events will be held in North Somerset to celebrate the work of volunteers.
Individuals and organisations from across the district will be getting together as part of this year’s national Volunteers’ Week, which runs from June 1-7.
In Clevedon, Volunteer of the Year awards will be put on at The Barn in Great Western Road from 12noon-2pm on June 2. Anyone wanting to attend needs to book a place.
In Portishead, a children and young peopl group’s information day will take place at The Piazza in Harbour Road from 10am-3pm on June 4.
The events have been arranged by Volunteer Centre North Somerset, which is a service provided by the Weston-based Voluntary Action North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Coordinator Donna Cleeve said: “Volunteers’ Week provides us with an opportunity to recognise the contribution made to society by volunteers through a series of local events, as well as giving people who may be interested in volunteering a chance to find out about vacancies.”
For more details contact Donna on 01934 410192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset