A SERIES of events will be held in North Somerset to celebrate the work of volunteers.
Individuals and organisations from across the district will be getting together as part of this year’s national Volunteers’ Week, which runs from June 1-7.
In Clevedon, Volunteer of the Year awards will be put on at The Barn in Great Western Road from 12noon-2pm on June 2. Anyone wanting to attend needs to book a place.
In Portishead, a children and young peopl group’s information day will take place at The Piazza in Harbour Road from 10am-3pm on June 4.
The events have been arranged by Volunteer Centre North Somerset, which is a service provided by the Weston-based Voluntary Action North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Coordinator Donna Cleeve said: “Volunteers’ Week provides us with an opportunity to recognise the contribution made to society by volunteers through a series of local events, as well as giving people who may be interested in volunteering a chance to find out about vacancies.”
For more details contact Donna on 01934 410192 or email email@example.com
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'