Celebrating St George
HUNDREDS of revellers flocked to Clevedon’s Queens Square on Saturday to enjoy a St George’s Day fair.
Organised by Clevedon Pride, the event featured a variety of stalls, sideshows and games for people to enjoy.
A bouncy castle and donkey rides were enjoyed by the children and musical entertainment was provided by guitar-playing duo, Lydia and Bob, and talented teenagers, Lip Gloss.
The fair raised more than �500, which will be put toward the �12,000 needed to fund the Christmas lights in Queens Square for this year.
Clevedon Pride chairman Louise Player said: “This was another great event for Clevedon and I would like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it a success.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to all those traders, organisations and members of the public who care enough about our town to make a contribution.”
Clevedon Pride’s next fund-raising event will be an open gardens weekend on June 11-12. Tickets, priced �4, are available from Present Company in Station Road.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
A summer fair will also take place in Queens Square on July 9. To get involved call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.