Celebrating St George
HUNDREDS of revellers flocked to Clevedon’s Queens Square on Saturday to enjoy a St George’s Day fair.
Organised by Clevedon Pride, the event featured a variety of stalls, sideshows and games for people to enjoy.
A bouncy castle and donkey rides were enjoyed by the children and musical entertainment was provided by guitar-playing duo, Lydia and Bob, and talented teenagers, Lip Gloss.
The fair raised more than �500, which will be put toward the �12,000 needed to fund the Christmas lights in Queens Square for this year.
Clevedon Pride chairman Louise Player said: “This was another great event for Clevedon and I would like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it a success.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to all those traders, organisations and members of the public who care enough about our town to make a contribution.”
Clevedon Pride’s next fund-raising event will be an open gardens weekend on June 11-12. Tickets, priced �4, are available from Present Company in Station Road.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
A summer fair will also take place in Queens Square on July 9. To get involved call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.