Celebrating St George
HUNDREDS of revellers flocked to Clevedon’s Queens Square on Saturday to enjoy a St George’s Day fair.
Organised by Clevedon Pride, the event featured a variety of stalls, sideshows and games for people to enjoy.
A bouncy castle and donkey rides were enjoyed by the children and musical entertainment was provided by guitar-playing duo, Lydia and Bob, and talented teenagers, Lip Gloss.
The fair raised more than �500, which will be put toward the �12,000 needed to fund the Christmas lights in Queens Square for this year.
Clevedon Pride chairman Louise Player said: “This was another great event for Clevedon and I would like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it a success.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very grateful to all those traders, organisations and members of the public who care enough about our town to make a contribution.”
Clevedon Pride’s next fund-raising event will be an open gardens weekend on June 11-12. Tickets, priced �4, are available from Present Company in Station Road.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 6 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
A summer fair will also take place in Queens Square on July 9. To get involved call Mike Bisacre on 01275 874097.