Celebrate your library
- Credit: Archant
BOOK lovers are being invited to celebrate their libraries as part of National Libraries Day on Saturday.
Competitions, children’s story times and free reservations are just some of the offers which will be available to visitors on the day.
If you visit your library on the day you can reserve up to three items free of charge and if you borrow at least three items you will be entered into a free prize draw with the chance to win a Kobo eBook reader and new DVD titles.
Ask staff at the enquiry centre a question from 10am-3pm to have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw to win an Amazon voucher.
As well as the regular events which are held at libraries, selected facilities will be holding additional activities for children under five. Portishead and Yatton libraries are holding a children’s story time from 10.30-11am and Clevedon and Nailsea libraries are running sessions from 2.30-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more details about the free books, eBooks, resources and activities offered by the library throughout the year visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraries
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 10 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”