Carnival guides on offer
ORGANISERS of Portishead carnival have taken delivery of this year’s information-packed programmes.
The booklets provide information about the Red Arrows display on June 15 and a full run-down of the day’s events on June 16.
Following the Friday night aerobatics, the Saturday events will begin with a road race from the Lake Grounds, followed by a street procession of floats and walking parties through High Street to the show field in Clapton Lane where community stalls, fairground rides, refreshments and live music will complete the day’s fun.
Volunteers are now selling the programmes door-to-door, which help raise funds for local good causes and act as an entry ticket to the show field, allowing programme holders to avoid the event’s queues.
You may also want to watch:
The programmes cost �2.50 and admit a family of four, whereas admission to the field without one is �2.50 for adults and �1 for children.
Co-organiser Wendy Watkins (pictured with Jemma Cooper) said: “We would like to thank the business community for supporting the carnival programmes and we are now relying on the people of Portishead to buy them.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
The programmes are also available in Super Saver, Mad Harry’s, The Outlet and Morgan Westley in High Street.