North Somerset to celebrate carers with awards
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Unsung heroes from the Covid pandemic will be celebrated across North Somerset in the Carers Celebrations Awards with nominations open to the public.
This will be the second ceremony held by Clevedon-based Bespoke Consultancy and Education Ltd (BCE) to honour carers in the region.
Businesses, family and friends are eligible to nominate carers across five individual categories and four team categories.
These include carer of the year, learner of the year, community award, wellbeing champion and the care/residential home of the year award.
The organiser's director of strategy hopes the awards can show gratitude after 'an exhausting year'.
Claire Mould said: “BCE is acutely aware what a challenging and exhausting year this has been for the health and social care sector.
"As a small token of our acknowledgement and appreciation of the phenomenal work that has been going on throughout this period, the Carers Celebration Event provides an opportunity to celebrate individuals who have gone above and beyond.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
"This is your chance to nominate those unsung heroes who you know deserve to have their time to shine.”
Nominations can be made by visiting www.bcelearn.co.uk/nomination-form