Car crime prevention advice
POLICE will be handing out advice to shoppers in Clevedon and Portishead to help them avoid becoming a victim of car crime.
Officers will be at the Waitrose, Co-Op and Homebase car parks in Portishead and the Morrisons car park in Clevedon throughout today (Wed).
Sergeant Deborah Yeates, who has organised the events, said: “We’ve had too many cases lately where people have left property like sat navs and even mobile phones and wallets in their cars, which is basically an open invite to thieves.
“Today is about speaking to as many local people as possible about the need to remove their property from their cars, even in the daytime.
“We will be handing out vehicle crime prevention packs, including free tamper proof screw sets to prevent registration plate theft.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had some good results lately, arresting some prolific vehicle crime offenders. What we need is for the public to do their bit to make life harder for would-be thieves.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic