Cancer Café to meet in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A support group for people affected by cancer is resuming meetings in Nailsea this week.
Your Cancer Café has been meeting online or in one-to-one support sessions during the lockdown, but members are ready to open again on Thursday (May 20).
The group meets every third Thursday of the month at Number 65 High Street.
Jo Hopkinson, who runs the group, said: "We are a mutually supportive group who meet in a relaxed and casual environment where people can meet others who have been affected by cancer.
"We welcome anyone who is going through treatment or may have finished treatment and their family and friends. Talking about shared experiences is of great support ."
The meetings are free and include cake and refreshments. Complimentary therapies and art activities are also offered on a number of occasions.
The group is currently looking for volunteers, and anyone who can offer a complimentary therapy.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow Your Cancer Café on Facebook.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups