Cake bake raises cash for sick children
CREATIVE cakes helped a Backwell mum to raise more than �500 for charity.
Louise Harrison, aged 34, held The Great Bristol Cake Bake in Backwell and invited cooks to take in their baked goods to be judged and then sold.
There were prizes for the tastiest cake, the most beautiful cake, the best savoury bake, the best cupcake/muffin and the best children’s cake.
Mother-of-two Louise said: “We had about 30 cakes and bakes and there were some absolutely stunning ones.
“The cakes all sold within seconds of going on sale.”
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised from the event will be donated to Noreen’s Kids – a charity which helps sick children in Romania.
Louise has already started planning next year’s cake bake and hopes to make it an annual event.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 5 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe