Cake bake raises cash for sick children
CREATIVE cakes helped a Backwell mum to raise more than �500 for charity.
Louise Harrison, aged 34, held The Great Bristol Cake Bake in Backwell and invited cooks to take in their baked goods to be judged and then sold.
There were prizes for the tastiest cake, the most beautiful cake, the best savoury bake, the best cupcake/muffin and the best children’s cake.
Mother-of-two Louise said: “We had about 30 cakes and bakes and there were some absolutely stunning ones.
“The cakes all sold within seconds of going on sale.”
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised from the event will be donated to Noreen’s Kids – a charity which helps sick children in Romania.
Louise has already started planning next year’s cake bake and hopes to make it an annual event.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 10 Youth charity wins national accolade