Cadets rewarded for dedication
SOME of North Somerset’s finest reservists were presented with awards in recognition of their work carried out with the Army Cadet Force.
The Queen’s Lord Lieutenant, Lady Gass, handed Certificates for Meritorious Service to William Hellier from Backwell and Paul Robertshaw from Portishead during a special ceremony on October 31.
Company Sergeant Major Willliam Hellier and Sergeant Major Instructor Paul Robertshaw are both part of the Somerset Cadet Battalion of the Army Cadet Force.
William, a teaching assistant by day, was rewarded after being described as a passionate supporter of youth work.
He has recruited students from his classes into the cadets, giving them opportunities they may not have otherwise had.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was given his certificate after being instrumental in the introduction of Heartstart training for every cadet and adult in the battalion, to teach them emergency actions needed to keep someone alive until professional help arrives.
He also introduced a battalion first aid competition, from which the battalion went on to win the regional heat and then represent Somerset in the National Competition at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village