Cadets rewarded for dedication
SOME of North Somerset’s finest reservists were presented with awards in recognition of their work carried out with the Army Cadet Force.
The Queen’s Lord Lieutenant, Lady Gass, handed Certificates for Meritorious Service to William Hellier from Backwell and Paul Robertshaw from Portishead during a special ceremony on October 31.
Company Sergeant Major Willliam Hellier and Sergeant Major Instructor Paul Robertshaw are both part of the Somerset Cadet Battalion of the Army Cadet Force.
William, a teaching assistant by day, was rewarded after being described as a passionate supporter of youth work.
He has recruited students from his classes into the cadets, giving them opportunities they may not have otherwise had.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was given his certificate after being instrumental in the introduction of Heartstart training for every cadet and adult in the battalion, to teach them emergency actions needed to keep someone alive until professional help arrives.
He also introduced a battalion first aid competition, from which the battalion went on to win the regional heat and then represent Somerset in the National Competition at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'