Cadets rewarded for dedication
SOME of North Somerset’s finest reservists were presented with awards in recognition of their work carried out with the Army Cadet Force.
The Queen’s Lord Lieutenant, Lady Gass, handed Certificates for Meritorious Service to William Hellier from Backwell and Paul Robertshaw from Portishead during a special ceremony on October 31.
Company Sergeant Major Willliam Hellier and Sergeant Major Instructor Paul Robertshaw are both part of the Somerset Cadet Battalion of the Army Cadet Force.
William, a teaching assistant by day, was rewarded after being described as a passionate supporter of youth work.
He has recruited students from his classes into the cadets, giving them opportunities they may not have otherwise had.
You may also want to watch:
Paul was given his certificate after being instrumental in the introduction of Heartstart training for every cadet and adult in the battalion, to teach them emergency actions needed to keep someone alive until professional help arrives.
He also introduced a battalion first aid competition, from which the battalion went on to win the regional heat and then represent Somerset in the National Competition at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset