Cadet tackles Mount Kilimanjaro
Former cadet climbs mountain for Help for Heroes
A CARING adventurer from Backwell will be scaling new heights this month as he climbs Mount Kilimanjaro for charity.
Charles Phillips, aged 19, is travelling to Tanzania to climb the mountain in aid of Help for Heroes.
Former cadet, Charles, who also served as the Lord Lieutenant Cadet, is currently on his gap year and has been teaching geography and English to children at a school in Kenya.
Charles said: “Help for Heroes is a charity that provides direct support to our wounded servicemen and women who have been affected by the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity works to help wounded, injured and sick personnel to begin the next phase of their lives. I feel that this is a really important charity that deserves our support.”
Charles is hoping to raise �1,000 for the cause and has so far collected more than �800. To sponsor him visit www.justgiving.com/charlesphillips1
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid