Cadet tackles Mount Kilimanjaro
Former cadet climbs mountain for Help for Heroes
A CARING adventurer from Backwell will be scaling new heights this month as he climbs Mount Kilimanjaro for charity.
Charles Phillips, aged 19, is travelling to Tanzania to climb the mountain in aid of Help for Heroes.
Former cadet, Charles, who also served as the Lord Lieutenant Cadet, is currently on his gap year and has been teaching geography and English to children at a school in Kenya.
Charles said: “Help for Heroes is a charity that provides direct support to our wounded servicemen and women who have been affected by the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity works to help wounded, injured and sick personnel to begin the next phase of their lives. I feel that this is a really important charity that deserves our support.”
Charles is hoping to raise �1,000 for the cause and has so far collected more than �800. To sponsor him visit www.justgiving.com/charlesphillips1
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 6 North Somerset authors publish books
- 7 Camera club wants new members to join
- 8 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront