Your chance to win a shop for a year!
- Credit: Archant
ONE lucky entrepreneur is being given the chance to win a shop for a year in Nailsea.
Crown Glass Shopping Centre has launched the £25,000 Dragons’ Den style competition to give a new business a free unit in Colliers Walk.
Entrepreneurs will have to present their idea to a panel of judges, including a reporter from the North Somerset Times, in an attempt to win the shop, free of rent or rates.
The winner will also receive free mentoring help and support from local financial, banking, retail and marketing experts.
The competition has been set up by Crown Glass landlords Ellandi and Development Securities and is being supported by the North Somerset Times.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of the competition is to encourage local people to set up businesses in Nailsea and Ellandi hopes more UK high streets will introduce the initiative to help shopping centres to fight back.
Ellandi founding partner Mark Robinson said: “Crown Glass is doing well and has attracted a number of key national brands in recent times, including WH Smith and 99p Stores, with all of our national occupiers choosing to renew their leases on expiry.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
“We are just as keen that the centre maintains a range of local independent retailers and hope this competition will help someone to take their first step in retailing.”
The competition to win unit 15 in Colliers Walk is open to people over 18 living in North Somerset and Bristol.
Competitors need to complete and return an entry form before July 31.
Shortlisted entries will be invited to present their idea to a panel of local business people including representatives from Ellandi, Nailsea Town Council, Nailsea Chamber of Commerce and the Times.
Mark Robinson said: “This is a great opportunity for someone who has dreamed of running their own shop and we look forward to hearing people’s ideas.”
At the end of the year the winner will have the opportunity to sign a commercial lease to continue occupancy if they wish.
A number of local business specialists have volunteered their time and expertise to support the new retailer including Wards Solicitors, Neil Houghton Accounting, HSBC Bank, Ontrac advertising agency and HPR public relations.
Entry forms are available on Facebook at facebook.com/crownglassshopping, from the centre management office at 1-2 Crown Glass Place, or via Ontrac on 01275 850900.