Young florist opens first studio
A YOUNG florist has opened her first studio at Clevedon Craft Centre.
Emilie Carr, aged 23 of Heywood Terrace in Pill, has been a florist for just more than three years, previously working from home.
She recently opened her Daisy Lane Floral Design studio at the Moor Lane centre and has been busy fulfilling many Christmas orders.
Emilie, who hopes to specialise in flowers for wedding and events, said: “I really enjoyed art at school but when I left school I wasn’t sure where to go with it.
“My parents owned a pub and I did a lot of flower decorations one Mothering Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“I really enjoyed it and so thought I would try to get on a college course and it took off from their.
“I have been really busy in December and next year I will be looking to go to wedding fairs to promote what I do.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
To contact Emile email firstname.lastname@example.org