Young florist opens first studio
A YOUNG florist has opened her first studio at Clevedon Craft Centre.
Emilie Carr, aged 23 of Heywood Terrace in Pill, has been a florist for just more than three years, previously working from home.
She recently opened her Daisy Lane Floral Design studio at the Moor Lane centre and has been busy fulfilling many Christmas orders.
Emilie, who hopes to specialise in flowers for wedding and events, said: “I really enjoyed art at school but when I left school I wasn’t sure where to go with it.
“My parents owned a pub and I did a lot of flower decorations one Mothering Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“I really enjoyed it and so thought I would try to get on a college course and it took off from their.
“I have been really busy in December and next year I will be looking to go to wedding fairs to promote what I do.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
To contact Emile email firstname.lastname@example.org