Young florist opens first studio
A YOUNG florist has opened her first studio at Clevedon Craft Centre.
Emilie Carr, aged 23 of Heywood Terrace in Pill, has been a florist for just more than three years, previously working from home.
She recently opened her Daisy Lane Floral Design studio at the Moor Lane centre and has been busy fulfilling many Christmas orders.
Emilie, who hopes to specialise in flowers for wedding and events, said: “I really enjoyed art at school but when I left school I wasn’t sure where to go with it.
“My parents owned a pub and I did a lot of flower decorations one Mothering Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“I really enjoyed it and so thought I would try to get on a college course and it took off from their.
“I have been really busy in December and next year I will be looking to go to wedding fairs to promote what I do.”
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 5 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 6 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 7 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 8 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
To contact Emile email email@example.com