Wrington business wins innovation award
- Credit: Archant
Rockit has won an award for its invention to help soothe crying babies to sleep.
The company’s product, also named Rockit, won at the Progressive Preschool Awards in London earlier this month.
The event was attended by more than 400 retailers and the awards were judged by representatives from brands such as Mothercare, Sainsbury’s and Amazon.
Directors of the Wrington company Matt Dyson, Nick Webb and Matt Sparrow were presented the award for their portable baby rocker which is exported to nearly 40 countries around the world.
Nick said: “We were shocked but delighted to hear our name announced as winners. We only launched Rockit a year ago and it has been an amazing journey so far.
You may also want to watch:
“I initially developed it to help my daughter Abby get to sleep in her pram – and now we have sold more than 30,000 of the product worldwide.”
Nick developed a prototype of the Rockit with Mr Dyson, Mr Sparrow and Gary Pyper more than two years ago when the dads with seven children between them were struggling to get them to sleep.
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 3 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 Portishead building firm wins national award
The product has been designed to fit on any stroller or pram and has won a European Design and Design Council Spark award since its launch.
It has also won gold in the Made For Mums Awards 2018 and was shortlisted for the Best Baby and Toddler Gear prize 2018.
Nick continued: “The Rockit is proving a hit with worn out mums and dads and it is great to be recognised with such a prestigious award in the nursery industry.”
The Innovation Award was one of 20 given on the night and many big name brands also won trophies including Tesco winning Best Supermarket Retailer of Preschool Products and The Entertainer for Best Preschool Retailer Initiative.
The business in Wrington now plans to go on to develop many more products.
Mr Dyson said: “This is a really exciting time for the business as we have recently raised money through a crowdfunding campaign to develop two new products which we aim to launch next year.
“These products will focus on different child sleeping issues and we are confident they will cement our reputation as an ambitious and innovative nursery brand.”