Butcombe Brewery wins World Beer Awards prize
- Credit: Archant
A Wrington brewery has won a gold award at the World Beer Awards.
Butcombe Original Bitter was launched back in 1978 but its popularity has not diminished.
Butcombe Brewery picked up the gold award at a ceremony at Hilton London Olympia after the bitter’s tropical tones impressed a panel of industry experts.
Managing director Geraint Williams said: “Taking a gold award back to Bristol is a fantastic reward for the hard work we’ve put into our brewery over the last 40 years.
“It’s great to see one of the West Country’s favourite beers achieving success on the world stage. As part of our classic range, Butcombe Original has the local heritage which really makes it special.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been around for a long time and will remain a staple of our widening and innovative range, as we plan to launch an additional five new beers this year to cater for ever-changing tastes.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week