Weston Hospicecare plans Clevedon shop
A NEW shop will open in Clevedon to raise money for a North Somerset hospice.
Weston Hospicecare plans to open the store in Hill Road in November after seeing an increase in patients from the town using its facility in Uphill, near Weston.
The charity shop will be opened in a Grade II-listed building formerly used as a delicatessen by Murrays of Clevedon.
Weston Hospicecare’s head of trading Peter Boyer said: “We are very excited to be trading in such a beautiful building and in such a prestigious location.
“The items the shop will stock will be completely appropriate for the area with designer clothes, specialist books, and quality home furnishings.
You may also want to watch:
“We are seeing more and more patients from Clevedon at the hospice so we are delighted to now be able to raise vital funds in the area.”
Weston Hospicecare supports more than 1,300 patients each year with the vital help and support they need when they face living with a life-limiting illness.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
The facility has a day hospice, 10-bed inpatient unit, community nurse specialists, physio and complementary therapies and a bereavement and chaplaincy service.
Over the next year it will cost �3million to provide the hospice’s services, with only 19 per cent of this funded by the NHS. The rest is raised through the charity’s shops and from the community through events and partnerships with local businesses.
A team of volunteers help to support the charity, both at the hospice and at its network of shops.
Anyone interested in volunteering should call 01934 423975.