Weston Hospicecare plans Clevedon shop
A NEW shop will open in Clevedon to raise money for a North Somerset hospice.
Weston Hospicecare plans to open the store in Hill Road in November after seeing an increase in patients from the town using its facility in Uphill, near Weston.
The charity shop will be opened in a Grade II-listed building formerly used as a delicatessen by Murrays of Clevedon.
Weston Hospicecare’s head of trading Peter Boyer said: “We are very excited to be trading in such a beautiful building and in such a prestigious location.
“The items the shop will stock will be completely appropriate for the area with designer clothes, specialist books, and quality home furnishings.
You may also want to watch:
“We are seeing more and more patients from Clevedon at the hospice so we are delighted to now be able to raise vital funds in the area.”
Weston Hospicecare supports more than 1,300 patients each year with the vital help and support they need when they face living with a life-limiting illness.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 3 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 7 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
The facility has a day hospice, 10-bed inpatient unit, community nurse specialists, physio and complementary therapies and a bereavement and chaplaincy service.
Over the next year it will cost �3million to provide the hospice’s services, with only 19 per cent of this funded by the NHS. The rest is raised through the charity’s shops and from the community through events and partnerships with local businesses.
A team of volunteers help to support the charity, both at the hospice and at its network of shops.
Anyone interested in volunteering should call 01934 423975.