Wedding photographer named ‘rising star’
- Credit: Archant
A wedding photographer from Failand has received glowing praise from experts in the field for his captivating wedding photos.
Nick Church set up Nick Church Photography a year ago and has already been named the rising star in the profession by renowned photography magazine Professional Photo.
Nick said: “I am delighted to have just found out that I have been named the rising star in Professional Photo, which is a photography magazine with worldwide distribution.
“The rising star feature is reserved for the best wedding photographers the UK has to offer, and so I’m really proud to have been spotted, interviewed and featured.”
Nick, who went to Gordano School in Portishead, worked in software engineering but began taking an interest in photography when he bought his first camera in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “From no training at all in photography, I started capturing stunning images of North Somerset and Bristol and was soon offered exhibitions to showcase my work and started selling these photographs.
“I love showing the beauty of where we live. The places we sometimes pass by without giving a second glance.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
“My first wedding shoot I did was as a wedding gift for friends. Everyone was amazed at the results and I started getting bookings from people.
“My contemporary approach gives stunning, natural images that captures the mood and emotions of their day without awkward poses or clichés, and I think this sets me apart from a lot of the competition. Each wedding is unique, after all.”
Nick now has 40 bookings for 2017 and 2018. His photos feature in this month’s issue of Professional Photo.
To find out more about Nick visit www.nickchurchphotography.co.uk