Wedding photographer named ‘rising star’
- Credit: Archant
A wedding photographer from Failand has received glowing praise from experts in the field for his captivating wedding photos.
Nick Church set up Nick Church Photography a year ago and has already been named the rising star in the profession by renowned photography magazine Professional Photo.
Nick said: “I am delighted to have just found out that I have been named the rising star in Professional Photo, which is a photography magazine with worldwide distribution.
“The rising star feature is reserved for the best wedding photographers the UK has to offer, and so I’m really proud to have been spotted, interviewed and featured.”
Nick, who went to Gordano School in Portishead, worked in software engineering but began taking an interest in photography when he bought his first camera in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “From no training at all in photography, I started capturing stunning images of North Somerset and Bristol and was soon offered exhibitions to showcase my work and started selling these photographs.
“I love showing the beauty of where we live. The places we sometimes pass by without giving a second glance.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
“My first wedding shoot I did was as a wedding gift for friends. Everyone was amazed at the results and I started getting bookings from people.
“My contemporary approach gives stunning, natural images that captures the mood and emotions of their day without awkward poses or clichés, and I think this sets me apart from a lot of the competition. Each wedding is unique, after all.”
Nick now has 40 bookings for 2017 and 2018. His photos feature in this month’s issue of Professional Photo.
To find out more about Nick visit www.nickchurchphotography.co.uk