Vets moving to ‘state-of-the-art’ practice
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset veterinary group will open a new centre in Portishead next month.
Watkins & Tasker, which also has practices in Nailsea and Yatton, will open the surgery in Harbour Road.
It has a facility in Portishead High Street which the company feels is no longer big enough for its needs.
The new centre will have four consultancy rooms – including a cat-only room – plus operating theatres and an outdoor secure dog run area.
Liz Watkins, partner at Watkins & Tasker, said the new surgery will be a ‘state-of-the-art’ facility.
She said: “This is a really exciting expansion for the veterinary group, and one which should have far-reaching benefits for our current clients, plus potential new clients, and their pets.
“We had outgrown our Portishead premises. The services we wanted to offer were restricted purely by space.
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed
“Obviously it has been a large investment for the company but the timing was absolutely right.”
The company successfully applied for money from the West of England Growth Fund.
Steve Tasker, who is a partner alongside Liz, said: “This fund has been put in place to help deliver economic growth for the region.
“We were one of 222 companies who are seen as having the potential to realise this growth.
“In the spirit of this regional fund, we have worked, wherever possible, with local contractors and trades people.
“A condition of the fund was also job creation. We have already employed four additional members of staff with a further two joining us before the end of 2015.”