Well-known TV presenter opens retirement home in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A popular TV presenter officially opened Nailsea’s newest retirement home.
Fred Dineage, whose career spans more than 50 years, visited Bucklands retirement living development in Stock Way South to share his experiences as a news and television presenter.
The development has been built by McCarthy and Stone, with one and two-bedroom apartments for people aged 60 and over.
Fred said: "It was a pleasure to visit Bucklands and give a talk on my colourful television career.
"The development is an excellent solution for those looking to enjoy an independent and active lifestyle in retirement, and I enjoyed meeting homeowners.
You may also want to watch:
Ciara Hilley, from McCarthy and Stone, added: "We are delighted so many Nailsea retirees joined us, and we are very grateful to Fred Dinenage for making it a day to remember."
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens