Well-known TV presenter opens retirement home in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A popular TV presenter officially opened Nailsea’s newest retirement home.
Fred Dineage, whose career spans more than 50 years, visited Bucklands retirement living development in Stock Way South to share his experiences as a news and television presenter.
The development has been built by McCarthy and Stone, with one and two-bedroom apartments for people aged 60 and over.
Fred said: "It was a pleasure to visit Bucklands and give a talk on my colourful television career.
"The development is an excellent solution for those looking to enjoy an independent and active lifestyle in retirement, and I enjoyed meeting homeowners.
You may also want to watch:
Ciara Hilley, from McCarthy and Stone, added: "We are delighted so many Nailsea retirees joined us, and we are very grateful to Fred Dinenage for making it a day to remember."
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 6 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity