Well-known TV presenter opens retirement home in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A popular TV presenter officially opened Nailsea’s newest retirement home.
Fred Dineage, whose career spans more than 50 years, visited Bucklands retirement living development in Stock Way South to share his experiences as a news and television presenter.
The development has been built by McCarthy and Stone, with one and two-bedroom apartments for people aged 60 and over.
Fred said: "It was a pleasure to visit Bucklands and give a talk on my colourful television career.
"The development is an excellent solution for those looking to enjoy an independent and active lifestyle in retirement, and I enjoyed meeting homeowners.
You may also want to watch:
Ciara Hilley, from McCarthy and Stone, added: "We are delighted so many Nailsea retirees joined us, and we are very grateful to Fred Dinenage for making it a day to remember."
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners