TripAdvisor award for couple’s B&B
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM B&B has been presented with a certificate of excellence for receiving outstanding reviews from customers.
Elm Tree Cottage B&B, in Jacklands Bridge, has been given the prestigious award by the TripAdvisor website.
The accolade honours hospitality excellence and is only given to establishments which consistently achieve outstanding reviews.
David Westrup, who runs the B&B with his wife Bev, said: “We’ve put a lot of hard work into it so it’s really nice when people go away and write lovely reviews.
“It’s a good reward and great that our hard work has been recognised. We just give people a really comfortable and homely welcome and a really decent breakfast.”
You may also want to watch:
Elm Tree Cottage has four en-suite rooms with views across Backwell and Crooks Peak.
The couple set up the B&B after Bev gave up her job as a nursery nurse.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
David, who used to work in business development for a shop-fitting company, said: “I never dreamed I’d be able to give up my job as well, but the business just grew so fast, we didn’t appreciate we could be so successful.
“You’ve got to really enjoy it because you have strangers arriving in your home every day.
“We get some great people here and we’ve never had a problem, all our customers have been great.”
The couple say they have had a wide range of guests including location scouts with the film industry, bishops, professional musicians and even someone who stayed for two years.