TripAdvisor award for couple’s B&B
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM B&B has been presented with a certificate of excellence for receiving outstanding reviews from customers.
Elm Tree Cottage B&B, in Jacklands Bridge, has been given the prestigious award by the TripAdvisor website.
The accolade honours hospitality excellence and is only given to establishments which consistently achieve outstanding reviews.
David Westrup, who runs the B&B with his wife Bev, said: “We’ve put a lot of hard work into it so it’s really nice when people go away and write lovely reviews.
“It’s a good reward and great that our hard work has been recognised. We just give people a really comfortable and homely welcome and a really decent breakfast.”
Elm Tree Cottage has four en-suite rooms with views across Backwell and Crooks Peak.
The couple set up the B&B after Bev gave up her job as a nursery nurse.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 8 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
David, who used to work in business development for a shop-fitting company, said: “I never dreamed I’d be able to give up my job as well, but the business just grew so fast, we didn’t appreciate we could be so successful.
“You’ve got to really enjoy it because you have strangers arriving in your home every day.
“We get some great people here and we’ve never had a problem, all our customers have been great.”
The couple say they have had a wide range of guests including location scouts with the film industry, bishops, professional musicians and even someone who stayed for two years.