Travel company named one of UK’s best
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead travel firm has won an award.
Miles Morgan Travel was named the best escorted touring and adventure travel agency in the UK and Ireland by Travel Trade Gazette Awards at a ceremony in Birmingham.
Managing director Miles Morgan said “It is fantastic for a regional company like ours to be recognised with a national award. The UK has 8,000 or so travel agencies and to come top is a huge accolade for our staff in our 15 branches.
“We are now main agent for the South West and Wales for all major companies in this exciting area of travel, the likes of Riviera Travel, Titan and even now Saga and this has certainly helped us.”
Portishead branch manager Tracey Murray said: “We were so pleased to hear we had won after the effort that we had all put in.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so grateful to our customers who supported us with their bookings during the past 12 months, we are seeing so many return again but also recommending friends to book us which is lovely.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3