Trainer aims to make fitness fun for everyone
- Credit: Archant
MAKING fitness fun for everyone is the aim of a new company set up by a Nailsea-based trainer.
Emily Gazey-Mitchell has developed Ylime Fitness in a bid to encourage those not so keen on exercise, or those who have fallen out of a routine, back into an active lifestyle.
This includes members of the older population, through links set-up with Alliance Homes and Age UK, as well as expectant mums through a range of pre and post-natal exercise classes.
The 25-year-old of Mayflower Gardens has also joined up with schools in North Somerset to put on boot camp-style sessions for youngsters who need to improve their fitness and has already held a successful programme at High Down Junior School in Portishead.
Emily, who has been dancing since she was four and teaching dance since she was 15, is also a qualified personal trainer, fitness instructor, sports therapist and rehabilitator.
You may also want to watch:
She has set up her new business after suffering a serious back injury in a car accident, resulting in her having to have her spine operated on.
Despite this, she has been using exercise to rehabilitate herself and hopes to use her experiences to help her relate to others she helps to rehabilitate following injury.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
Emily can work on a one-to-one basis and also holds weekly group classes at Clevedon’s Princes Hall.
She said: “There are many people who are missing out on the chance to get fit, maybe because they may not enjoy it so much or think it is not for them.
“I am trying to make fitness fun for everyone.
“I also want to help people back to fitness following injury.”