Trainees’ competition success
- Credit: supplied
AN IMPRESSIVE haul of awards was won by a team of stylists from Portishead’s Robert John hair salon.
They entered the Britain’s Best contest, organised by the National Hairdressers Federation, which saw them pitched against other stylists in a range of different categories.
The event was held at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire and resulted in the Portishead team winning three gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Shannon Lloyd achieved a gold in the glamorous hair up category and a silver in bridal, Emma Phillips won a bronze in the bridal class and Ellie Ford won a bronze in the trainee blow dry category.
Emily Morris achieved a silver in the trainee hair up competition and Ben Driscoll-Price won gold medals in the photographic and female fashion look classes as well as a bronze in the colour on the day contest. Cerys O’Brien also achieved fourth place in the trainee blow dry contest.
You may also want to watch:
Their boss Jenny Hancock said: “Both Cerys and Emily are first year trainees and this was their first hairdressing competition - they did incredibly well.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call