Trainees’ competition success
- Credit: supplied
AN IMPRESSIVE haul of awards was won by a team of stylists from Portishead’s Robert John hair salon.
They entered the Britain’s Best contest, organised by the National Hairdressers Federation, which saw them pitched against other stylists in a range of different categories.
The event was held at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire and resulted in the Portishead team winning three gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Shannon Lloyd achieved a gold in the glamorous hair up category and a silver in bridal, Emma Phillips won a bronze in the bridal class and Ellie Ford won a bronze in the trainee blow dry category.
Emily Morris achieved a silver in the trainee hair up competition and Ben Driscoll-Price won gold medals in the photographic and female fashion look classes as well as a bronze in the colour on the day contest. Cerys O’Brien also achieved fourth place in the trainee blow dry contest.
Their boss Jenny Hancock said: “Both Cerys and Emily are first year trainees and this was their first hairdressing competition - they did incredibly well.”
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents