Trainees’ competition success
- Credit: supplied
AN IMPRESSIVE haul of awards was won by a team of stylists from Portishead’s Robert John hair salon.
They entered the Britain’s Best contest, organised by the National Hairdressers Federation, which saw them pitched against other stylists in a range of different categories.
The event was held at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire and resulted in the Portishead team winning three gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Shannon Lloyd achieved a gold in the glamorous hair up category and a silver in bridal, Emma Phillips won a bronze in the bridal class and Ellie Ford won a bronze in the trainee blow dry category.
Emily Morris achieved a silver in the trainee hair up competition and Ben Driscoll-Price won gold medals in the photographic and female fashion look classes as well as a bronze in the colour on the day contest. Cerys O’Brien also achieved fourth place in the trainee blow dry contest.
You may also want to watch:
Their boss Jenny Hancock said: “Both Cerys and Emily are first year trainees and this was their first hairdressing competition - they did incredibly well.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week