Trainees’ competition success
- Credit: supplied
AN IMPRESSIVE haul of awards was won by a team of stylists from Portishead’s Robert John hair salon.
They entered the Britain’s Best contest, organised by the National Hairdressers Federation, which saw them pitched against other stylists in a range of different categories.
The event was held at the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire and resulted in the Portishead team winning three gold, two silver and three bronze medals.
Shannon Lloyd achieved a gold in the glamorous hair up category and a silver in bridal, Emma Phillips won a bronze in the bridal class and Ellie Ford won a bronze in the trainee blow dry category.
Emily Morris achieved a silver in the trainee hair up competition and Ben Driscoll-Price won gold medals in the photographic and female fashion look classes as well as a bronze in the colour on the day contest. Cerys O’Brien also achieved fourth place in the trainee blow dry contest.
You may also want to watch:
Their boss Jenny Hancock said: “Both Cerys and Emily are first year trainees and this was their first hairdressing competition - they did incredibly well.”
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 3 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads