TRADERS in Clevedon have joined together to create a new organisation aimed at promoting the town and its businesses.
Owners and employees of the many independent companies in Clevedon, ranging from solicitors to hairdressers and shops to cafes, decided to pool their knowledge and resources following meetings put on by Clevedon Town Council to urge them to work together.
Under the working title of Independence in Clevedon, the group has already held a number of meetings and organised its first initiative to promote the town.
Julie Bisacre, owner of Present Company in Queens Square, said: “We are all trying to combine our skills together to encourage all residents in Clevedon to support traders and get involved in events.”
On June 3 from noon onwards, residents are encouraged to join the Jubilee Picnic on the Prom - a community event to be held along the seafront to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
You may also want to watch:
This will be held on the Salthouse Fields and along the promenade to Clevedon Pier.
Those taking part can take along tables, chairs or picnic blankets to mark the occasion. Pubs along the seafront, including The Little Harp and The Salthouse, will put on live entertainment and there will also be busking stations set up to allow people to simply turn up and perform in 15 minute slots.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
* For more details about the organisation visit www.inclevedon.com or go along to its next meeting to be held at The Barn in Great Western Road at 7pm on May 9.