TRADERS in Clevedon have joined together to create a new organisation aimed at promoting the town and its businesses.
Owners and employees of the many independent companies in Clevedon, ranging from solicitors to hairdressers and shops to cafes, decided to pool their knowledge and resources following meetings put on by Clevedon Town Council to urge them to work together.
Under the working title of Independence in Clevedon, the group has already held a number of meetings and organised its first initiative to promote the town.
Julie Bisacre, owner of Present Company in Queens Square, said: “We are all trying to combine our skills together to encourage all residents in Clevedon to support traders and get involved in events.”
On June 3 from noon onwards, residents are encouraged to join the Jubilee Picnic on the Prom - a community event to be held along the seafront to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
You may also want to watch:
This will be held on the Salthouse Fields and along the promenade to Clevedon Pier.
Those taking part can take along tables, chairs or picnic blankets to mark the occasion. Pubs along the seafront, including The Little Harp and The Salthouse, will put on live entertainment and there will also be busking stations set up to allow people to simply turn up and perform in 15 minute slots.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 9 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 10 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
* For more details about the organisation visit www.inclevedon.com or go along to its next meeting to be held at The Barn in Great Western Road at 7pm on May 9.