Traders secure cash for new market
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of Clevedon businesswomen have secured a grant to enable their plans for a new indoor market to come to fruition.
The five women, who all own or work in existing shops in Hill Road, recently revealed proposals to open an indoor food market at the former Seeley’s newsagent unit in the popular shopping street.
To help cover the set-up costs of The Food Market @ Seeleys, they have secured a grant from the North Somerset High Street Innovation Fund, which saw North Somerset Council given £100,000 by the Government to support High Street initiatives.
One member of the market team, Mary Hadlow, who owns The Cellar in Hill Road, said: “We are absolutely delighted all our hard work has paid off and we can go ahead with the market.
“The interest and support from the community, residents and traders has been unbelievable.
You may also want to watch:
“The food market will be launched as soon as possible on two days a week initially. The group is also proposing other types of markets on other weekdays with possible flea markets and craft markets planned for Sundays.
“The girls are also happy to hear from people interested in hiring the hall for evening sessions such as workshops, children’s parties or fitness training.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
For more details call on 01275 876056 or email email@example.com