Traders secure cash for new market
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of Clevedon businesswomen have secured a grant to enable their plans for a new indoor market to come to fruition.
The five women, who all own or work in existing shops in Hill Road, recently revealed proposals to open an indoor food market at the former Seeley’s newsagent unit in the popular shopping street.
To help cover the set-up costs of The Food Market @ Seeleys, they have secured a grant from the North Somerset High Street Innovation Fund, which saw North Somerset Council given £100,000 by the Government to support High Street initiatives.
One member of the market team, Mary Hadlow, who owns The Cellar in Hill Road, said: “We are absolutely delighted all our hard work has paid off and we can go ahead with the market.
“The interest and support from the community, residents and traders has been unbelievable.
You may also want to watch:
“The food market will be launched as soon as possible on two days a week initially. The group is also proposing other types of markets on other weekdays with possible flea markets and craft markets planned for Sundays.
“The girls are also happy to hear from people interested in hiring the hall for evening sessions such as workshops, children’s parties or fitness training.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 6 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 7 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
For more details call on 01275 876056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org