Town’s new post office revealed
PORTISHEAD’S new Post Office Local was officially opened by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox on Friday.
The ceremony to celebrate the long-awaited second post office facility in the town was attended by VIPs, councillors and residents.
Customer Zoe Walker, who runs the nearby Cup Cake Bakery, baked a special postage stamp cake for the occasion.
The new post office is situated within the recently-opened craft and hobby shop Wicketty Woo and Friends, at the Village Square in Phoenix Way.
The shop provides most of the services a full post office offers including stamps, recorded delivery mail and handling of parcels up to 30kg. It also hosts a pay station which allows customers to pay bills.
You may also want to watch:
The new post office counter is open Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm and on Saturdays from 9am-5pm.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views