Town’s new post office revealed
PORTISHEAD’S new Post Office Local was officially opened by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox on Friday.
The ceremony to celebrate the long-awaited second post office facility in the town was attended by VIPs, councillors and residents.
Customer Zoe Walker, who runs the nearby Cup Cake Bakery, baked a special postage stamp cake for the occasion.
The new post office is situated within the recently-opened craft and hobby shop Wicketty Woo and Friends, at the Village Square in Phoenix Way.
The shop provides most of the services a full post office offers including stamps, recorded delivery mail and handling of parcels up to 30kg. It also hosts a pay station which allows customers to pay bills.
You may also want to watch:
The new post office counter is open Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm and on Saturdays from 9am-5pm.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens