Town’s new post office revealed
PORTISHEAD’S new Post Office Local was officially opened by North Somerset MP Dr Liam Fox on Friday.
The ceremony to celebrate the long-awaited second post office facility in the town was attended by VIPs, councillors and residents.
Customer Zoe Walker, who runs the nearby Cup Cake Bakery, baked a special postage stamp cake for the occasion.
The new post office is situated within the recently-opened craft and hobby shop Wicketty Woo and Friends, at the Village Square in Phoenix Way.
The shop provides most of the services a full post office offers including stamps, recorded delivery mail and handling of parcels up to 30kg. It also hosts a pay station which allows customers to pay bills.
You may also want to watch:
The new post office counter is open Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm and on Saturdays from 9am-5pm.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging