Top award for enterprising Zak
- Credit: supplied
THE young founder of a home support agency based in Clevedon has been recognised for his achievements in the business world.
Zak Aravantinos set up Access Your Care in 2011 with the hope of supporting young adults, elderly and disabled people to remain independent through a range of innovative services.
Over the past two years he has been supplying and developing services including Response24, a privatised 24-hour care response service which has now been partnered with North Somerset Council’s Carelink emergency pendant service, meaning anyone signed-up to Carelink can receive Response24 for free.
Other provisions include SupermarketCLICK, which enables elderly and disabled people to get online and access shopping services, and Carehub, a one-stop-shop for all domestic services in North Somerset.
In recognition of Zak’s achievements, the 27-year-old was invited to The University of Gloucestershire Enterprise Awards during which he won the Enterprise Legacy Award.
You may also want to watch:
He was up against more than 50 other applicants bidding for the award which is given out to recognise the achievements of students since leaving university.
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 4 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset