Top award for enterprising Zak
- Credit: supplied
THE young founder of a home support agency based in Clevedon has been recognised for his achievements in the business world.
Zak Aravantinos set up Access Your Care in 2011 with the hope of supporting young adults, elderly and disabled people to remain independent through a range of innovative services.
Over the past two years he has been supplying and developing services including Response24, a privatised 24-hour care response service which has now been partnered with North Somerset Council’s Carelink emergency pendant service, meaning anyone signed-up to Carelink can receive Response24 for free.
Other provisions include SupermarketCLICK, which enables elderly and disabled people to get online and access shopping services, and Carehub, a one-stop-shop for all domestic services in North Somerset.
In recognition of Zak’s achievements, the 27-year-old was invited to The University of Gloucestershire Enterprise Awards during which he won the Enterprise Legacy Award.
You may also want to watch:
He was up against more than 50 other applicants bidding for the award which is given out to recognise the achievements of students since leaving university.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend