Top award for enterprising Zak
- Credit: supplied
THE young founder of a home support agency based in Clevedon has been recognised for his achievements in the business world.
Zak Aravantinos set up Access Your Care in 2011 with the hope of supporting young adults, elderly and disabled people to remain independent through a range of innovative services.
Over the past two years he has been supplying and developing services including Response24, a privatised 24-hour care response service which has now been partnered with North Somerset Council’s Carelink emergency pendant service, meaning anyone signed-up to Carelink can receive Response24 for free.
Other provisions include SupermarketCLICK, which enables elderly and disabled people to get online and access shopping services, and Carehub, a one-stop-shop for all domestic services in North Somerset.
In recognition of Zak’s achievements, the 27-year-old was invited to The University of Gloucestershire Enterprise Awards during which he won the Enterprise Legacy Award.
He was up against more than 50 other applicants bidding for the award which is given out to recognise the achievements of students since leaving university.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 9 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports