Top award for enterprising Zak
- Credit: supplied
THE young founder of a home support agency based in Clevedon has been recognised for his achievements in the business world.
Zak Aravantinos set up Access Your Care in 2011 with the hope of supporting young adults, elderly and disabled people to remain independent through a range of innovative services.
Over the past two years he has been supplying and developing services including Response24, a privatised 24-hour care response service which has now been partnered with North Somerset Council’s Carelink emergency pendant service, meaning anyone signed-up to Carelink can receive Response24 for free.
Other provisions include SupermarketCLICK, which enables elderly and disabled people to get online and access shopping services, and Carehub, a one-stop-shop for all domestic services in North Somerset.
In recognition of Zak’s achievements, the 27-year-old was invited to The University of Gloucestershire Enterprise Awards during which he won the Enterprise Legacy Award.
You may also want to watch:
He was up against more than 50 other applicants bidding for the award which is given out to recognise the achievements of students since leaving university.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery