Time called on popular pub
A POPULAR Clevedon pub has closed - with no one able to say what its future holds.
Campbell’s Landing in The Beach has long been known in Clevedon as a bustling establishment with a calendar filled with regular live music events.
Overlooking the town’s Victorian pier and seafront, Campbell’s Landing also operated eight bed and breakfast hotel rooms to host visitors to the town.
However, it closed its doors on January 29 – the day after a hugely successful 11-hour live music marathon held to raise money for the annual Clevedon Marine Lake Festival.
Its owner, Enterprise Inns, has been unable to explain why the pub has closed and has been equally vague about its future.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We are currently reviewing all options on it.
“There have been no firm decisions made about the building.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 9 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 10 Portishead nursery children say bonjour to all things French