Time called on popular pub
A POPULAR Clevedon pub has closed - with no one able to say what its future holds.
Campbell’s Landing in The Beach has long been known in Clevedon as a bustling establishment with a calendar filled with regular live music events.
Overlooking the town’s Victorian pier and seafront, Campbell’s Landing also operated eight bed and breakfast hotel rooms to host visitors to the town.
However, it closed its doors on January 29 – the day after a hugely successful 11-hour live music marathon held to raise money for the annual Clevedon Marine Lake Festival.
Its owner, Enterprise Inns, has been unable to explain why the pub has closed and has been equally vague about its future.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We are currently reviewing all options on it.
“There have been no firm decisions made about the building.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
- 10 COVID-19 vaccines hold the key to the road back towards normality