Tightrope and BMX acts in Nailsea’s Crown Glass centre
- Credit: Archant
BMX riding and tightrope walking went together at a summer holiday show in Nailsea.
The regular Wednesday fun at Crown Glass Shopping Centre continued in the town last week.
Bernie Bennett and Ayrton Jack were the entertainment acts on show.
Mr Jack’s Airbourne show in particular drew gasps from the crowd as he pulled off daredevil stunts while shoppers continued their daily errands.
Rob Stokell, the shopping centre’s manager, said the crowd enjoyed the performances.
He said: “It was exhilarating and fast paced and totally enjoyable.
“What was remarkable that it was enjoyed by everyone.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 6 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 7 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 8 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 9 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 10 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
“You often find that an entertainer might appeal to either a younger or an older audience – Airborne was enjoyed by everyone – parents and their children.
“It was a really spectacular event.”
This lunchtime’s (Wednesday’s) entertainment will be provided by dynamic dancing due Exception Elle and Jack’s Zoo will roll into town on August 24.
The summer holiday Wacky Wednesday season will end on August 31 with a forest-inspired arts and crafts workshop in the town centre.