Burgeoning bridal boutique opens new store in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
Just months after taking on their first store, the sisters behind a Clevedon bridal shop have opened a new branch in Portishead.
Laura Allen and Sarah Parker have opened a new outpost of The White Collection in the Cabstand, fulfilling a long-held ambition to open a shop in their hometown.
The duo took control of the Clevedon shop, in Hill Road, eight months ago and have wasted no time in making a big impression.
Laura told the Times she feels ‘fantastic’ to have expanded the business in such a short space of time, and believes Portishead is the perfect place for the firm to grow.
She said: “We both live in Portishead and have wanted to open a bridal boutique here for a long time. It was a case of waiting for the right property to become available and the one we have on the Cabstand couldn’t be better.
You may also want to watch:
“It also has the same frontage as our Hill Road boutique helping us to keep a lovely brand continuity and with its big corner windows lends itself perfectly to a luxury boutique.
“Since we opened last week we have been given the best welcome by the people of Portishead with so many passers-by wishing us well along with lots of positive comments on social media.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Laura and Sarah boast more than a decade of experience in the wedding trade, and believe they can help brides ‘find that perfect dress’.
Laura added: “We wanted to give brides even more choice so each boutique is stocked with a completely different range of gowns.
“We know how special shopping for your wedding dress is so our whole business ethos is about making everyone who walks through our doors feel special.
“We get to know a bride and her family really well in order to find her that perfect dress. Once found, the journey doesn’t end there, we are with each bride all the way to her wedding.”
The sisters are keen to open more branches in the future, and upgrades to the Portishead shop are on the horizon.
Laura said: “We have plans to develop our bridesmaids and accessories boutique which is housed on the first floor of our Portishead branch and is open to anyone looking for accessories even if they have not purchased their wedding dress from us.”